I’m so excited to be a part of The Girls Are Never Gone Blog Tour! Please remember to click the tour banner above or the schedule below to access the tour schedule. There are a lot of other amazing bloggers and bookstagrammers who are also a part of the tour.
Title: The Girls Are Never Gone
Author: Sarah Marsh
Publication date: September 7, 2021
Publisher: Penguin Teen
The Conjuring meets Sadie when seventeen-year-old podcaster Dare takes an internship in a haunted house and finds herself in a life-or-death struggle against an evil spirit.
Dare Chase doesn’t believe in ghosts.
Privately, she’s a supernatural skeptic. But publicly, she’s keeping her doubts to herself—because she’s the voice of Attachments, her brand-new paranormal investigation podcast, and she needs her ghost-loving listeners to tune in.
That’s what brings her to Arrington Estate. Thirty years ago, teenager Atheleen Bell drowned in Arrington’s lake, and legend says her spirit haunts the estate. Dare’s more interested in the suspicious circumstances surrounding her death—circumstances that she believes point to a living culprit, not the supernatural. Still, she’s vowed to keep an open mind as she investigates, even if she’s pretty sure what she’ll find.
But Arrington is full of surprises. Good ones like Quinn, the cute daughter of the house’s new owner. And baffling ones like the threatening messages left scrawled in paint on Quinn’s walls, the ghastly face that appears behind Dare’s own in the mirror, and the unnatural current that nearly drowns their friend Holly in the lake. As Dare is drawn deeper into the mysteries of Arrington, she’ll have to rethink the boundaries of what is possible. Because if something is lurking in the lake…it might not be willing to let her go.
Content Warnings: scary images, death
Sarah Glenn Marsh writes young adult novels and children’s picture books. An avid fantasy reader from the day her dad handed her a copy of The Hobbit and promised it would change her life, she’s been making up words and worlds ever since.
When she’s not writing, Sarah frequents the pottery studio, volunteers her time to sighthound rescue, and raises awareness about her autoimmune disease, Type 1 diabetes. She often enjoys pursuits of the nerd variety, from video games to tabletop adventures. She’s never met an animal or a doughnut she didn’t like.
Sarah lives in Richmond, Virginia with her husband and their tiny zoo of four rescued sighthounds, two birds, and many fish. She is the author of Fear the Drowning Deep, the Reign of the Fallen series, and several books for younger readers.
15 Reactions While Reading The Girls Are Never Gone (beware that there may be spoilers!)
- I love the inclusion of a podcast script at the beginning! Hopefully we get to see more of those.
- Loving the type 1 rep!
- I’m really curious what is inside the room as well…
- Quinn and Dare are cute together
- I haven’t quite figured out what is going on in the house and how the previous owner fits into it.
- Possibly more than one death at the lake? Ooooh this is getting interesting!
- Something about the Arrington house isn’t completely normal…
- If I were Dare, Quinn, and Holly, I wouldn’t want to be in the house.
- Things are starting to make a little more sense. But now I’m worried for Dare, Quinn, and Holly.
- Oh no.
- I’m convinced Rose isn’t who she says she is, but I haven’t figured out how it fits into the story yet.
- I actually can’t believe Cathy cited Supernatural. I snorted at that one.
- I called it!
- Please let Rose be okay.
- This novel was a wild ride from beginning to end, but what really happened to Holly?
Where can I buy The Girls Are Never Gone?
Be sure to check out the rest of TBR and Beyond’s blog tour for The Girls Are Never Gone! You can either click here or on the blog tour banner found above to see the other blogs that are participating in the tour.
Have you read The Girls Are Never Gone? What are your thoughts on the book? Let me know in the comments below! Also, so cool that she is an RVA author!