I’m so excited to be a part of the Of Silver and Shadow Blog Tour! Please remember to click the tour banner above or the schedule below to access the tour schedule. There are a lot of other amazing bloggers and bookstagrammers who are also a part of the tour. Be fair warned that there will be spoilers in my reactions. Read at your own risk.
Title: Of Silver and Shadow
Author: Jennifer Gruenke
Publication Date: February 16, 2021
Page Count: 480
Goodreads Rating: 4.12
Ren Kolins is a silver wielder—a dangerous thing to be in the kingdom of Erdis, where magic has been outlawed for a century. Ren is just trying to survive, sticking to a life of petty thievery, card games, and pit fighting to get by. But when a wealthy rebel leader discovers her secret, he offers her a fortune to join his revolution. The caveat: she won’t see a single coin until they overthrow the King.
Behind the castle walls, a brutal group of warriors known as the King’s Children is engaged in a competition: the first to find the rebel leader will be made King’s Fang, the right hand of the King of Erdis. And Adley Farre is hunting down the rebels one by one, torturing her way to Ren and the rebel leader, and the coveted King’s Fang title. But time is running out for all of them, including the youngest Prince of Erdis, who finds himself pulled into the rebellion. Political tensions have reached a boiling point, and Ren and the rebels must take the throne before war breaks out.
Jennifer Gruenke is a graduate of UC Santa Barbara, where she studied communication and writing. She grew up among the redwoods of Northern California, and now lives in Charlotte with her books and the houseplants she hasn’t killed yet. If she’s not writing or reading, you’re most likely to find her in a cafe, music venue, or the aisles of Trader Joe’s.
15 Reactions While Reading Of Silver and Shadow
- There are weapons called “The King’s Child?” What exactly do they do? –> They are torture “machines” it seems like.
- What started the revolution? And why is Darek and Markus’s mom important? –> She’s the leader! I believe she is dead at this point in the story though.
- After everything we’ve learned about Ren, she sounds like she’s had a tough life so far. I’m excited to learn more about her past.
- I definitely didn’t see it coming that the prince was the Pit Lord. This story just got a lot more interesting!
- Poor Ren. I get that Darek wants to keep his mother’s cause running, but he doesn’t need to make it her fault that she tried to protect herself. She was 9!
- I love how Darek pretends he doesn’t care about Ren, but after the explosion, he’s asking about her. I’m not sure if it’s because he needs her for the cause or really does care about her.
- Okay, he really does care about her. The tension between these two is almost a bit much. Come on, kiss already!
- I’m pretty sure both Ren and Darek have death wishes with their plans…
- Well, I didn’t see it coming that Heath had no silver. I’m trying to figure out what this whole shadow business is and why it’s important that Darek tell Ren something.
- Annnd Ren’s been exposed by Adley. I don’t think it’s her night.
- Uh oh. I think Ren just one-upped the prince. Let’s see how this goes…
- Holy crap. Heath actually did it. Who knew he’d be the one to kill the king.
- Wait a minute. Wait. Ren is the king’s daughter? And Kellen has silver. I’m so very confused.
- Now I understand. I do really want a sequel because I have to know where they go from here. Does Ren do some good as a leader? What happens to Kellen? Do Adley and Lesa take over the compound? So many questions.
Be sure to check out the rest of the TBR and Beyond blog tour for Of Silver and Shadow! You can either click here or on the blog tour banner found above to see the other blogs that are participating in the blog tour.
What are your thoughts on Of Silver and Shadow? If you haven’t read it, will you be adding Of Silver and Shadow to your TBR list? Let us know in the comments!